VKV Tinsukia Welcomes you..
The Vidyalaya mirror
Vidyalaya sporting events will continue upto 5 February 2015. The SA II examination will start from 10 of February for the secondary Classes.
152nd Swami Vivekananda Jayanti is celebrated in a befitting manner. Primary kids performed different cultural events on the life and the teachings of Swami Vivekananda. More than 600 parents, students & well-wishers were the part of the programme.
In the Veenapani Lalit Kala Samaroha, held at Tezpur in the last week of December 2014, VKV Tinsukia excelled in different performing arts and brought many prizes with the Best Discipline Award.
Following students brought laurels for Vidyalaya in different events organised by Budding Buds Sr. Sec School on their 30 Years Completion programme;
1. Quiz (Inter School) Competition - 1st Prize (Asmita Nandi, Nilutpal Dutta, Adarsh Jogani)
2. Spot Dance - 1st Prize - Ankita Roy (XI)
3. Folk Song - 1st Prize - Tina Gogoi (IV)
4. Book Review - 1st prize - Vedika Agarwal (XI)
5. Rangoli - 1st prize - Subhangki Kasyap
6. South Indian Cooking - 2nd Prize - Praneetha Docca (X) / Simran Bansal (X)
7. Punjabi Dish - 2nd Prize (Bhupinder Kaur, Sukanya)
* On 19 November 2014, Sadhana Divas is observed where Akhanda Ram Charit Manas Path was conducted by the Teachers and Students of the vidyalaya. The programme was concluded with a community lunch where more than 2000 people were offered Prasadam.
Teachers Day was observed on Sept 5, 2014. A slew of cultural & sport programmes marked the day.
For the Examination Schedule of 2014-15, CLICK the Academic Tab in the TOP MENU.
A team of two students, Kr. Avilash Roy and Nayan Jyoti Gohain (Class X), placed in the Top 10 Regional Team in the Regional Level Science Exhibition 2014, organised & hosted by DPS, Guwahati. The team is awarded by the Hon. Governor of Assam on 12 May 2014.
Summing Up - 150th Year Celebration
•Written by VK Admin•
1. Sankalpa Divas observed on 25 Dec 2012 to take oath for 150 years celebration.
2. A Shovayatra was marched on the main roads of Tinsukia town from morning 9.30 a.m. to 12 noon on 12January 2013.
3. Free Medical Camp organised in BaruahHola village of Panitola.
4. Mother's Awareness camp was conducted in Chabua as a part of Shardh Shati Samaroh.
5. Inter schoolQuiz and inter school Wall magazine competition was ornised.
6. Five hundred students joined to do Samuhik Surya Namaskar on 18 February forenoon as a part of the 150th Celebration of Swami Vivekananda's birth anniversary.
7. Exhibition on the life & teachings of Swamiji was organised from 25 to 26 December 2013.
7. Sanskritik Samaroh on 12 Jan 2014 was held where many schools of the town participated.
CCE Capacity Building Training
•Written by VK Admin•
Sonu Gupta and Priyanka Baruah attended 2-day CCE Capacity Building Training - 2013 organised by MICA Educational Co. Pvt. Ltd (empaneled by CBSE) in Tinsukia from 6 and 7 December 2013.
Enjoy some snapshots of Matru-Puja celebrated in the Vidyalaya campus:
•Written by Tinsukia VKV Admin•
Following students brought laurels for Vidyalaya in different events organised by Budding Buds Sr. Sec School on their Golden Jubilee programme;
1. Spot Dance - 1st Prize - Ankita Roy (XI)
2. Folk Song - 1st Prize - Tina Gogoi (IV)
3. Book Review - 1st prize - Vedika Agarwal (XI)
4. Rangoli - 1st prize - Subhangki Kasyap
5. South Indian Cooking - 2nd Prize - Praneetha Docca (X) / Simran Bansal (X)
Our football team placed as Runner's Up in CBSE School Tournament organised by Army Public School Dinjan.Ankur Borgohain conferred the Best Player trophy of the session.
A 3 day long workshop was organised on mastering the system of ALM (Activity Learning Methodology) for the secondary classes from 24 to 27 February 2014 in the school campus. Respected Shri VijaykumarJi (IAS, former Director of SS Avijan Mission) was the resource person for the shibir.
One of our Teacher, Neeladeep Chkraborty attended the International Seminar & Devotee's Convention in RK Math & Mission Belur Math Kolkata from 25 to 27 January 2014, as a part of 150th Birth Anniversary Celebration of Swami Vivekananda.
Swami Vivekananda Jayanti , 12 January, 2014: The concluding day of Shardh-Shati Samaroh undertook nation-wide by Vivekananda Kendra has come to an end on 12 January 2014. The Vidyalaya hosted a day long programme named 'Sanskritik Samaroh' where cultural events are presented by the Students of different Vidyalayas of Tinsukia & Dibrugarh District. On the other hand, in some of the places of Tinsukia town, our students arranged for Shradhanjali programme where pedestrian offered flowers at the lotus feet of Swamiji. They were distributed free photographs, booklets etc. In the evening candles were lighted on important places of the town, in front of Swamiji's photograph.
Vidyalaya's Varshik Krida Samapan Divas (Annual Sports Day) is celebrated on 10 January 2014. Shri Sankar Gupta, eminent sports person and noted singer for AIR was the chief guest for the programme. March past, band display, jhumur dance, Satriya, Lezium, dumble display were the attraction for the day.
15 Students of Class IX attended a Youth Convention in VKV Dibrugarh on 26 December 2013. Swami SumanasanandaJi, Secretary, RK Mission, Cherrapunjee, Meghalaya, was the resource person.
VKV Tinsukia, Intra-School Annual Sports meet is underway from 27 December to 3 January 2014.
3 Students bags top positions in the recently held 12th Chemistry Olympiad 2013 (State Level). For further details see ACHIEVEMENT section under 'OUR WORLD' Menu.
Exhibition on Swami Vivekananda
•Written by VK Admin•
The Vidyalaya organised an Exhibition on the Life & Teachings of Swami Vivekananda from 25 to 26 December 2013 in the school premises. This programme is a part of Samarth Bharat Parva celebration. All are cordially invited to come and witness the event. Timing morning 10 am to 3 Pm for 26 December. On 25 December, morning 8 am the Exhibition is inaugurated by Sri Hironya Hazarika, Rector, Tinsukia English Academy.